Sunday, July 12, 2009

Everyone I Know

I feel badly about not blogging much--really, I do. It just seems as if there's not much time to blog these days. There are a handful of reasons--one, it's summer; two, I've been blessed with work; and three, I'm on facebook.

(Recently, the Roomie and I had a discussion as to whether one should refer to it as Facebook or facebook; we often pass the time with scintillating debate about punctuation.)

A couple of friends had suggested that I join facebook, but I didn't know what all the excitement was about, and I didn't figure I should start a new time-intense activity. But when the Roomie joined and said she'd found some old friends there, I decided to check it out.

"OMG," I told DH. Everybody I know is on facebook!" Friends DH and I haven't seen in 10 or 12 years, old acquaintances spread out all over the planet, and my entire senior high school class--they're all there.

Facebook has been characterized as a young people's activity, but that may be changing. Apparently more people around my age are becoming attracted to it. I worry that my mere presence there may make it more uncool, but now that I'm hooked, we'll have to take that chance.

I asked DH, "Do you want me to sign you up for facebook, sweetie?" Predictably, he responded, "Nope." He's very content with letting me update him on where everyone is, what they're doing and saying, and why we're all happily wasting time on facebook.

2 comments:

the Roomie said...

The Roomie admits that she is both a Facebook (that's capital F) addict and a compulsive grammarian. Is there a 12-step program?

TS said...

Step 1: Admitted we were powerless over poor punctuation.