Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Birds in the Begonias

My poor hanging begonias have been suffering in the extreme heat of late. Yesterday, when I took the pots down to water the flowers, I noticed that there was something moving in one of them.

Babies! At least two baby birds were inhabiting a nest in the hanging planter. Later, we saw the mom arrive and hop inside the pot to feed the hungry hatchlings. Our presence just a few feet away on the patio doesn't seem to bother the little family. In fact, when I took the pot down to take their picture, the sleeping babies didn't even wake up. We're looking forward to watching them, and the tiny new koi in our nearby pond, grow.

4 comments:

the roomie said...

Awww, so cute--then they grow up and attack your tomatoes.

TS said...

LOL! (I'm laughing with you, not at you.)

Ben said...

Happy Birthday to DH! I'm just in time, just...

Hope you're well, miss both of you lots!

TS said...

Hi, Ben! He says thanks for the sentiment, and for the song. Enjoy the rest of your summer!