Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Real Reason I Have a New Verizon iPhone

The most exciting thing happened to me this evening . . . while sitting at a traffic light, I looked at my new iPhone, and it had a message for me: Missed Face Time–Mommadrool. "Missed Face Time!" I knew what that meant: Mommadrool had a new iPhone 4, and she was trying to connect on a video call! It was all I could do to keep from speeding home.

By the time I walked in the door and met DH in the kitchen, I had dialed up Mommadrool and Pappy, and the phone was ringing. Face Time!

The next thing we knew, Little Man and The Fred were beaming up at us in real time, looking as pretty as a portrait and grinning from ear to ear. We talked to them, "hugged" them, and, of course, DH made ridiculous and scary faces at them and had them howling and giggling.

There are few things in life that measure up to the expectations we had from our days of watching The Jetsons, but I have to tell you that this did not disappoint.
Really, I don't mean to sound like an Apple ad, but the darn thing just works! It has both a forward and backward camera, so you can switch the view at will.

(By the way, the Roomie would want me to mention that AT&T also sells the iPhone, and they have a wonderful, fast network!!)

"Hey, sweetie," I admitted, "this was the real reason I wanted an iPhone." "I know," he replied. "I know."

No comments: