Monday, December 24, 2007

Cookie Concerns II


Okay, when I got up this morning, Lou and DH were in the kitchen, and Lou had already gotten the family recipe and made up the cookie dough. I said, "What can I do?" "Well, some of them need decorating." "I can do that," I said. I sat down to shake out colored sugar and red candy parts onto the cut shapes on the cookie sheet. Things were going well until I bolted from the room momentarily.

Lou: Where were you? What were you doing?
TS: I was playing.
Lou: Playing? You know, you're really a little ADD. You could take medication for that.
DH: Duh!
TS: Well, it was cookie-related--I was making little stencils.
Lou: Oh.

After we baked some cookies, Lou made some thicker dough that we could make into cookies for The Fred to frost. (Probably the thinner dough was too advanced for me, too.) Lou mentored me while I rolled dough, and I didn't even curse. The Fred was hesitant, but once she joined in, she had a great time decorating cookies with colored frosting (see photo, above).

Merry Christmas, everybody!

No comments: