Monday, December 3, 2012

Fun with the Fiscal Cliff


Today, I heard a novel idea about a way to save money and have fun with overworked phrases at the same time. A fellow said that he'd decided that every time he heard the phrase "moving forward," he would put a quarter in a jar.

Well, that got me thinking. The phrase of the month seems to be "fiscal cliff."

I thought to myself, "you know, I can put a quarter, or even a dollar, into a jar every time I hear that expression." In a short time, I figure, I'll be well on my way to paying my first installment toward the $17 trillion national debt.

Try this at home! It's a relatively painless way to save, it'll help you get more out of the debt crisis, and when the tax man cometh in 2013, you just get out your jar and pay up!

If you put money into the jar five times in a single day, it's time to turn off the news, or the business channel, or whatever you've been watching. My advice: read your Kindle, play W.E.L.D.E.R, or watch the new Home & Family show on the Hallmark Channel.

All they do is cook and decorate.

No comments: