Friday, December 12, 2008

Premium Tomatoes

A couple of weeks ago, I awoke and meandered to the kitchen to get my coffee. DH had already gone, but not without leaving me a message of sorts. In the kitchen I spotted a sticky note with an arrow on it. It pointed to another sticky note, and another . . . and they all led to our Aerogarden.

We had been faithfully feeding, watering, and jiggling (pollinating) it, figuring we might be wasting our time. But the arrows pointed me toward--was it--could it be--yes! Our $200 investment had yielded a tiny Early Girl tomato!! That was quite a sight to wake up to, an actual Early Girl growing in our kitchen.

And as I finally get around to blogging about it, the little fruit has doubled in size since we captured it digitally. I really hope we get at least one more. This cost per tomato is ridiculous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!