Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I've Been Tagged

A few days ago, Mommadrool tagged me! I didn’t know what that was about, but she said it meant that I was tasked with writing six random things about myself and then tagging six other bloggers (sigh). Okay, here we go:

1. First, the most exotic thing about me: I was born in Honolulu. We left when I was four years old, and I was already smart enough to know that moving from Hawaii to Rhode Island was a bad idea.
2. My grandmother, Theodora, and my grandfather, Hans, were from Copenhagen, Denmark. He died before I was born, but Nana lived with us. The only Danish I ever learned from her was something like “du skulle skam,” which meant, “You should be ashamed of yourself." And, apparently, I didn’t really learn that one.
3. DH says I’m the only woman who likes gifts that plug in (preferably, not in the kitchen). PDA’s make me squeal, new software makes me delirious, and the first time we ever visited an Apple store, I told Mommadrool, “I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling a little light-headed.”
4. I’m a natural blonde, but most folks don’t believe that. People ask who did my hair color and I tell them, “God and my grandparents.” My hairdresser has another natural blonde client who says that she’s given up. Now, when people ask her who does her color, she just hands them Derrill’s card.
5. One of my most annoying traits is that I am a punctuation stickler. See Eats, Shoots and Leaves, the Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation, by Lynn Truss. From the introduction to the book: “While we look in horror at a badly punctuated sign, the world carries on around us, blind to our plight. We are like the little boy in The Sixth Sense who can see dead people, except we can see dead punctuation.”
6. I am so terribly shy that I don’t even know six other bloggers. I only know two, and they have already been tagged.

1 comment:

Lady R (Di) said...

Well, at least you came up with six pretty good random things! LOL!